Winemasons is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Winemasons may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from May 2018 and has been updated to be GDPR compliant.
You will also find out how to access your data and/or option to delete your data. We will always let users know if data breaches occur.
Who We are
We are Winemasons Ltd (www.winemasons.com), an online job board website that provides job listings, job advertising and application processing tools for customers.
What data we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact Information – This refers to your name, email, address and other information you provide our website.
- Website Activity – This refers to your browsing activity on our website including our Advertiser’s website.
- Device and browser information – The device or browser you use to access the Winemasons website.
- Ad data – The online ads we have served (or attempted to serve) to you. It includes the number of times this has been served, the page the ad appeared on, and whether you clicked or not on the ad.
- Data from Advertising Partners – This is data that we receive from other digital advertising companies that we work with (i.e. Adroll, Facebook Advertising, LinkedIn Advertising) to help us deliver ads to you and recognize you across browsers and devices.
How do we use this data
We use your ‘order’ information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. There will always be an option to ‘opt out’ of these emails at the footer of each message received.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We also use this data to help our Advertisers identify and serve jobs ads to you that are more relevant to you. We also use this data to operate, improve and enhance our services including enhancing the data points we or our Advertising Partners have about a particular user, browser, or device, or to target, optimize, cap, or synchronize advertising.
How long will your data be stored?
All updated data is stored for 20 years unless a ‘request to delete’ request is received. If some personal data has not been updated withn 5 years, then all data on our website and any third party suppliers is deleted.
Who receives your data
Our WordPress site is made up of a number of third party plugin authors including Woocommerce who receive your ‘order’ data. We have checked that all our third party plugin authors are now GDPR compliant and on any request for data or request for deletion of data, users can have their data on all third party records deleted with each ‘request to delete data’.
We also have a third party email marketing supplier ‘Active Campaign’ who retains and sends all marketing emails on Winemasons Ltd behalf. On ‘request to delete’ all information relating to the requested user will be deleted by both the controller (Winemasons Ltd) and the processor (Active Campaign).
You can access all third party privacy statements here: Active Campaign, WordPress, PixelMySite, Google Analytics, WP Job Manager.
How to access your data
How to delete your data
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. If however there is an unauthorized access we cannot take responsibility for how the information is used by a third party and will do everything possible to fix the problem as soon as possible.
Cookies: How We Use Them
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Winemasons uses traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. By visiting winemasons.com, third parties (such as AdRoll) may place cookies on users’ browsers for targeted advertising purposes.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you do not want to receive any targeted advertising from Winemasons, you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
- When you list your resume on winemasons.com you understand that your resume will be available to be searched by Winemasons Ltd paying customers including wine industry headhunters and wine businesses. If they think you may be interested in their job opportunity, they may contact you directly via winemasons.com. This is the core business of winemasons.com and the reason why you sign up. Your resume will not be distributed in any other fashion to anyone else in question without your authority.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under applicable laws of New Zealand. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us at: (email@example.com)
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.